The song from that commercial was in my head.
Anyway, some random thoughts for today ...
- Where does Brett Favre rank in your mind of all-time best quarterbacks? My top-five list goes like this: John Elway, Joe Montana, Brett Favre, Dan Marino and Tom Brady. Peyton Manning will eventually knock Marino from the top group.
- Enough of the Favre retirement shows. He said it best at his news conference that he now knows what it's like to be dead. Too much already.
- We're doing a football combine with our Fantasy department. We'll do the 40-yard dash, shuttle run, broad jump, vertical jump and wonderlic test. We'd like to incorporate some more ideas, so if you have any suggestions, pass them along. In a practice test of the wonderlic Friday with 15 questions between David Gonos, Eric Mack, Dave Richard and Scott White, Gonos and White each had 13, while Richard and Mack got 11.
- We're doing a mock football draft on the site right now with other Fantasy experts here in a 12-team league. I had the No. 8 pick and took Larry Johnson. There are at least three other running backs I like better than Johnson, but it's too hard to pass up on him at that spot unless you take a quarterback, which I didn't want to do. I'll likely go running back again in the second round and get one of my guys. We'll be doing mock drafts all offseason so make sure you check it out.
- I mentioned this in a faceoff Dave Richard and I did about Michael Turner that his signing in Atlanta doesn't make him a starting Fantasy running back. At best, he's still a No. 3 option or flex player. I listed 24 other running backs I would take ahead of Turner, and here is the list: LaDainain Tomlinson, Brian Westbrook, Steven Jackson, Adrian Peterson, Joseph Addai, Clinton Portis, Ryan Grant, Larry Johnson, Frank Gore, Willis McGahee, Willie Parker, Marion Barber, Marshawn Lynch, Maurice Jones-Drew, Earnest Graham, Brandon Jacobs, Laurence Maroney, LenDale White, Travis Henry, Edgerrin James, Reggie Bush, Thomas Jones, Jamal Lewis and DeAngelo Williams. I like Williams as a better breakout candidate than Turner. And if Ronnie Brown (knee) is healthy to start the season, he makes this list also.
- We're doing plenty of stories this offseason to get you ready for the 2008 Fantasy season. I'd like to know what you're interested in reading about, so let me know, and we'll address it.