NFL Free agency started today, and here's the latest news.
- The Jaguars did well so far by trading for Troy Williamson and could be getting free agent Jerry Porter. That would significantly improve David Garrard in 2008. He might be worth taking as a starting Fantasy QB now.
- Michael Turner, who is possibly the most attractive free agent, is talking to the Falcons and Lions. He would be a starter at either place, especially with Kevin Jones hurt for Detroit and Jerious Norwood not an every down back for Atlanta.
- Derek Anderson signed with the Browns. He is staying for a few more years, which means good things for the Browns offense and bad news for Brady Quinn.
- Bernard Berrian could be going to Minnesota. That wouldn't be a good thing for Fantasy owners. Tarvaris Jackson is not an upgrade over Rex Grossman. The Titans also are interested in Berrian, and that would make things better for Vince Young.
- The Titans also are looking at TE Alge Crumpler, which would be a good thing for Young and Crumpler.
- The Saints are talking about TE Jeremy Shockey. It would require a trade, but I like that move. Shockey to the Saints give Drew Brees another weapon, and then Kevin Boss would have the starting job to himself with the Giants.
- The Rams cut Isaac Bruce, but he could land on his feet with the 49ers. San Francisco would then have the AARP of receivers with Bruce and Darrell Jackson, but Bruce would at least be reunited with offensive coordinator Mike Martz.
More to come. Check out all out updates on CBSSports.com.